2008-09-26

Our Beloved Indian Friend


Our Beloved Indian Friend
Originally uploaded by vandcooler

3:30 p.m.

Finally I got a chance to make sure myself waiting here for the car to get clean. Is been quite some time I didn't get my car to be clean.

Thanks a lot to the lovely Indian car cleaner.
Regarding our Indian friend, I have some words about them. We've been calling them "Keling" since our grandparent generation without knowing the meaning behind this calling, at least I used to be one of those.

In order to know this, we need to track back to the history of Malaysia, where when the time the Indian was introduce by the Great British to this land. During that time, they were introduced as the rubber estate worker and railway track worker. A lot of them also become the slave for the upper level of society. And to avoid them to runaway, the introduction of metal chain was put on their legs. Now, when they walking with the metal chain on their legs, it will sound " kling......kling......kling......"

So, sooner or later, we, especially Chinese call them "Keling", due to the sound when they made when walking.

Now the problem is, a lot of us are still calling them as "Keling", which actually are making shame of them base on their slavery tragic history without our knowledge. I'm not sure the later generation of Indian friend know about this or not, but I'm sure that for the older generation, they will not happy about this calling, because of this will remind them about the painful history.

Actualy I used to calling them as "Keling" as well, but when the time I get to knew this, I told myself I need to change, for the sake of respect and love upon them.

Ya, honestly I do not like some of them due to some reason, especially the body odor. But God love everyone, included them, our beloved Indian friend. I learnt to love them by showing respect and understanding to them.

"Loving a comfort and lovely thing only is not a true love."

" TRUE LOVE is loving somebody, or something which you are not comfortable with, can't withstand, or even hate of."

At least this is what I'd learnt after going through some circumtances and hard time.

Love & Blessing,
Stephen Ho from iPhone

沒有留言:

張貼留言